Friday, February 5, 2010

'Familar Taste of Poison' -Halestorm

Okay...I have a blog...which I guess, would make me a blogger. Yup, I've succumbed. I'm one of them now. The interesting thing, however, about finally having my own blog is that I didn't come to this decision on my own. No, this blog, if you can believe, is actually a homework assignment...a semester project. Although, I hope it becomes much more than that.

It was a no-brainer coming up with my blog topic. The topic being something that has always been an essential part of my life and, God willing, always will be. Whether I am truly good at it or just simply wish I am, I could never part with my creative side. It is the one constant that has always been with me, despite the changes that come with growing up, growing apart, and moving on. So of course, art seemed to be the perfect subject of my first ever blog. I'm hoping to share some of my pieces or current projects with other artists or those who just have an appreciation for the arts, and while a personal porftolio for an artist is important, it's not everything. Therefore, this blog will not only focus on me and my work...that would be a little vain in my opinion.

The inspiration behind a piece of art is sometimes more important than the work itself. I'd love to be able to share things that inspire me to be creative as well as other people sharing whatever inspires them. And as most artists know, inspiration can come from just about any source. Pulling from several different resources of inspiration or experiences to create a piece of art (and when I say art, I mean the Arts...not just visual) is better than pulling from one.

To sum it up, this blog is not only my online portfolio with completed works or works in progress, but an inspirational journal. And just maybe, through this medium form, I'll be able to inspire another...someone, somewhere. What a great honor that would be.

....As a last side note, each of my blogs will be titled with a song from my 'Recently Played' playlist on my iPod. I find music to be a great inspiration...

BTYS (Blog to you soon)...is that cheesy?

No comments:

Post a Comment