Sunday, February 7, 2010

'Set the Fire to the Third Bar' -Snow Patrol & Martha Wainwright



Where did the weekend go? I'm struggling to mentally prepare myself for another upcoming week of endless classes that require every ounce of my creative being. Hopefully by tomorrow morning I'll be rejuvenated and ready to work.

However, the weekend didn't pass without a little productivity. I shot a film project for a class with my friends (which was a blast), so I'll try and post the finished product soon. Also, for graphic design, I had to redesign an existing brochure (one that was in need of a major makeover). We could only use one color on our design and it was definitely more of a challenge than it sounds. Regardless, I came up with what I think will be my finished project.

Check it out:
The brochure is obviously a to-go menu for a restaurant. It is a tri-fold brochure and you are seeing the "outside" folds. The right column is the cover, the center is the back, and the left column is the first page when the brochure is opened.







This is the inside of the brochure.

















After I turn in this project I may take it to the actual restaurant and see if they're interested in using my design versus their old one. I've never eaten at 440 Main, but I think I'd like to try it sometime.

Designing this brochure was fun, but there were a lot of requirements and restrictions. In the industry though, there are creative limitations so it was good practice. While working I looked up the best of brochure designs and came across some that I thought were truly amazing!

Go take a look at it:
Awesome Brochure Designs (plus more!)
I'm definitely filling this site away for a future inspirational resource.

BTYS!

1 comment: